In 2018, Veoneer became its own listed company after being part of Autoliv. In the spin-off from Autoliv, there was a TSA agreement (Transition Service Agreement) which meant that by 2020-03-31 all IT systems would be cut off from Autoliv and all data separated.
Meridion, which has extensive experience of Movex at Autoliv and the automotive industry’s solutions, was commissioned to project manage data separation and implement M3 13.4.
Under strong time pressure where any delay of Go-live was not an option, Veoneer and Meridion have jointly implemented:
- A large data analysis and extraction from Autoliv’s all different systems
- An upgrade from Movex 5.2 to M3 13.4 for the production unit in Vårgårda
- The introduction of cloud EDI-as-a-Service solution to several leading vehicle manufacturers
- Built and introduced M3 at a Shared Service Center for finance and ledgers
- Introduction of M3 finance at development offices in Germany, France and Romania
- Integration with production unit in France (Movex 5.2)
The project goals were met and now, one year after the start of operations, Veoneer has laid the foundation for further development of its processes and organization
After 1 year, Veoneer has seen great benefits with new functionality in M3 13 and there are already several development projects underway to use M3 more efficiently. Homepages for logistics & planning as a dashboard to monitor balances, workload, scrapping and error movements has been implemented.
Workflows have been introduced in several areas, for example to handle deviations in the SBI flow (Self-Billing-Invoice) and a Case Management and Certificate system for the AR team regarding customer inquiries are two exciting solutions that show how M3 can support the business. More are on the way.
In December, the workflow solutions will be presented at two web sessions with MAF, do not miss this.
Harmonization of the ERP systems has begun and the move of HQ into the M3 environment is currently underway.
Torbjörn Lanrot, Partner & Project Manager at Meridion